Today, October 8, 2020, CBSA has posted “COVID-19: Compassionate entry for travellers and limited release from quarantine“.
The three reasons/events justifying an application are needing to:
– be present during the final moments of life for a loved one or to provide support or care to someone who is critically ill
– provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support
– attend a funeral or end of life ceremony
Three application forms are available:
- Application for Entry (for foreign nationals only)
- Application for Limited Release from Quarantine (for foreign nationals already in Canada, as well as Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons registered under the Indian Act)
- Application for Entry and Limited Release from Quarantine (for foreign nationals)
Templates/forms are also available for the Letter of Required Support and Site Visit Authorization for those needing authorization from those needing to leave quarantine.